Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Software Development Life Cycle

When I'm not coming up with story ideas, writing short stories, or working on my current novel - I'm usually working in the computer and wireless technologies industry.  A significant part of my work history has to do with programming and the development of software.  Some of this geeky influence can be seen in my fiction writing as well.
As a programmer and developer, I've always been a big advocate of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).  It's a very fundamental aspect of designing applications.  Just as a house builder has to go through the proper planing steps and put together a blueprint for the desired product - a software developer needs to put forth a blueprint as well.

One of my claims to fame, or lack thereof, has been my paper/guidelines on the SDLC.  I wish I could count the amount of email and thanks I've received for this small contribution to the programming community.  The world of programming has been major blessing to me throughout my career in the computer industry and as a freelance writer.  I felt that if I could give anything back to the community, it would be through my brief, but handy, guide to the SDLC.

So, I've re-posted this paper as a page on this site.  Feel free to use and abuse it as much as you want.  If you have any comments or decide that this has helped you so much that you want to contribute to my financial life style, I'm always open for discussions. ;)  Now all I need is a Story Development Life Cycle guide.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment