I would be lying if I didn't say there was a little bit of a hope that Air Born would strike a tone with someone who was influential and it would become an instant success, I'd be financially stable, and I would now be sitting down at my desk to spend all my time writing the sequel without worrying about how to keep a full time job, take care of my family, continue doing community volunteer work, and find time to write. But, the reality of the life of a independently published novel, is that it takes time, effort, and longevity to find any success.
As the author of my first full length Young Adult, Urban Fantasy novel, I can truly say I have reached my immediate goals for this book. Which are:
- Release a quality, polished, full length novel.
- Be officially accepted as a published author by my friends, family, and peers.
- Give life to the feelings, emotions, and characters of the Air Born story.
- Receive praise and five star reviews for the finished work.
- Land a book signing and reading event at one of the most prestigious book stores in the area.
What about long term goals?
- Break even or better in my book launch expenses.
- Attract a recognized author to write an awesome introduction for Air Born.
- Attract an agent who sees that I am truly serious about my writing and I have at least eight more novels in me currently.
- Slowly increase sales via word-of-mouth and social media.
- Get a following of fans who truly appreciate my stories and are chomping at the bit to get the next story. (Which is actually already happening.)
The "I'm Dreaming Goals"?
And what are the fantasy dreams of this author?
- Agent shops the entire Air Born series and lands me a six figure contract.
- An option for a movie becomes available and I get to consult on the set.
- One of my best friends gets a small role in the movie. ;) (Yes, Jordan, I was listening.)
- Due to financial stability, I get to increase the amount of time I spend in community volunteer efforts.
- The rest of my time I spend writing Air Storm, Air Bound, Eloquence, Love Letters from Mars, Descended, The Facility, Touched (The Novel), The Exploits of a Night Writer, and the continued Saturday Matinee stories of Zegin's Adventures.
Can You Help?
Are there ways my fans can help? Absolutely! One slightly aging man can't do it all! What can you do?
- Be a member of my street team! Shoot me an email at timothy trimble at me dot com (no spaces and you know what to do with the dot.)
- Write a review on Amazon.com, Goodreads.com, or anywhere you participate as a book reader.
- Tell your friends how much you like my writing (only if you do, of course).
- Tweet, facebook, Pintrest, and socialize my tweets, links, and comments about being a writer and about my stories.
- Bug me about when the next story is coming out!
- Follow me on Twitter (@TimothyTrimble), Facebook (AuthorTimothyTrimble) & (IamTimothyTrimble), and Instagram (TimothyTrimble).
- Did I mention write a review? This is the most important thing you can do. It solidifies to the general public that it's a story worth reading.
My biggest regret is that I didn't start this journey much sooner. I let other things in life get in the way. I don't regret being a performing musician for 11 years and that was an awesome ride! (Thank you WhoWeAre!) But, my true love of creativity is in writing. I have so many stories, so many characters to bring to life, and only so much time. Those of you who have put your trust and confidence in me as a writer - I deeply thank you! To my new found fans - I thank you!
Around the World Air Born?
As seen in past postings, a special edition of Air Born was placed into the Little Library, next to Waterfront Coffee, in Edmonds, Washington. The goal for this book is to travel the world and to let me see those travels via emails and pictures from those who are reading it. The book was gone the very next morning after placing it into the box. Expectations were high! However, since then, there has been no news of the status of this book. Please, if you are reading this, and you have this copy of Air Born, give it life, show us where you are (even if you're only a block away), and share the journey of Air Born.
This far, I have a few fan pics to share from readers of Air Born. Feel free to email me if you are a reader and would like to share a selfie with the book.
The baristas from Walnut Street Coffee in Edmonds, WA.
Justine - Seattle - Vlogger on Youtube
BTW: Come and see me at Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park on November 12th, at 6:30 pm, for my first official book reading and signing of Air Born. http://www.thirdplacebooks.com/event/tim-trimble-air-born