- I gathered an education on the whole process from beginning to publishing.
- I now have a pretty good idea of the cost and effort required to have a quality book published.
- It introduces me and my fiction writing to a new market, thus getting my name and style out there.
- It opens the door for more Zegin's Adventures stories.
- And by the time I get my full length book done, I hope to have an established fan base.
I will say the formatting and submission process was a significant education. I'm pretty geeky when it comes to the use of computers and software. But there were some frustrating moments when I just couldn't get it right with Microsoft Word. Seems I was taking a step backward when I copied from Scrivener to Word and thus saved as HTML. I learned if I just keep everything in Scrivener and save into eBook format for Kindle, it's a much smoother process. I'll soon be discussing this whole process via this blog in the near future.
I'm keeping it short and sweet for this posting. Being the proud author of my first Amazon release, I have to give myself a blatant plug:
Check out Zegin's Infection! It's only .99 cents, it's a cool sci-fi technology story, and it includes a bonus short story called Jezi's Delima. You can't go wrong for only a buck! All you have to do is click here.
[Set blatant plug off]
I would love to hear any feedback. It's okay. I can take it! No, really, I can. And if you're itching to write a review and submit it to Amazon - I'll be eternally grateful.
Check back in a few days and I'll give you all an update on my social marketing statistics and how the new book is doing.
Keep reading and writing!